The most frustrating thing about filing your tax returns is when you have to go through all your documents and manually enter the relevant financial information. However, if you use TurboTax, there is an easier way to overcome this issue. Often described as one of the most efficient tax preparation software out in the market today, TurboTax allows you to transfer the previous tax year’s data into the software so that you can enter the data hassle-free. You can contact turbotax phone number and consult a certified expert to check if there are any safety precautions you should take before transferring your tax data. You can also go through this blog to learn about an easy, fast and accurate way to transfer your tax files.
Steps to Transfer Previous Tax Years into TurboTax
Storing your tax data in the form of a PDF is the most efficient way to transfer your files into TurboTax. If you have the PDF files of your tax returns, you can follow the steps given below to transfer previous tax years into TurboTax:
- Step 1: Login and run the TurboTax 2019 program on your computer.
- Step 2: Go to the File menu located in the upper left corner.
- Step 3: Click the ‘New Tax Return’ option and continue.
- Step 4: Select ‘Start a New Return’ and go to the transfer screen.
- Step 5: Use the ‘Browse’ option and search for the tax file on your PC.
- Step 6: Navigate to the folder where you stored the PDF tax file.
- Step 7: Press ‘Open’ and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the file transfer.
It is important to note that the steps mentioned above will only work if the file you have is in the PDF format. In case you need transfer files from TurboTax Windows or TurboTax for Mac, you will need to follow a different set of steps. You can call the turbotax customer support phone number and speak to a tech support representative to learn more about the transfer process. Software experts are available 24 hours a day to give you a step-by-step guide so that you can transfer previous tax years into TurboTax without any difficulty.
Read More:- turbotax customer care
Source URL: How to Transfer Previous Tax Years into TurboTax